Website City of Bozeman
Position: Parks Planner
Wage/Salary: $37.06 – $40.49/hour DOE
Bargaining Unit: MFPE
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Non-Exempt
Work Week: Full-time, 40 hours/week.
Application Deadline: Sunday, March 26, 2023, at 11:59 pm
Supervisor: Parks Planning and Development Manager
The principal function of an employee in this class is to apply professional standards to planning, administration, coordination, design and construction of park and trail development particularly through the review of urban development. The work is performed under the supervision and direction of the Park Planning and Development Manager, but considerable leeway is granted for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative. The nature of the work performed requires that an employee in this class establish and maintain effective working relationships with the staff of the Parks and Recreation and Community Development Departments; other City employees; Municipal, State and Federal officials; representatives of neighborhood and community organizations; the development community and the public. The principal duties of this class are performed in a general office environment and outdoor environment with exposure to outdoor weather conditions and hazards.
This is an excellent full-time career opportunity with many benefits. As a City of Bozeman employee, you will be part of a team that is committed to impacting and serving the community. This great opportunity also provides enrollment in an established retirement system with significant employer contribution, generous vacation and sick time accruals, and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits!
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICIATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture, Planning, Urban Design/Planning, Architecture, Geography, Parks and Recreation Management, or a closely related field; and
• Some (2 years) experience in landscape architecture, planning, urban design, architecture, or development review; or
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
• Complete a City of Bozeman Application online at www.bozeman.net/jobs
• Attach a Cover Letter and Resume
To apply for this job please visit www.bozeman.net.