Website City of Whitefish
Performs a variety of duties directly related to the safe and efficient operations of Whitefish City Beach, including overseeing park maintenance, boat launch, and decontamination station activities. Also manages the AIS inspection station at Whitefish Lake State Park on weekends and as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintains a safe, leisure environment for all beach patrons and staff.
Provides management for AIS Stations, Decontamination Station and City Beach on weekends and as assigned. Assists with training Beach and Decontamination Rangers.
Inspects watercraft for Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) at the City Beach Boat Launch and Whitefish Lake State Park. Accurately and consistently records data pertaining to inspections. Performs boat decontaminations as needed.
Collects boat launch daily and season pass fees. Troubleshoot issues related to cash management including voids, returns, and errors. Maintains change for the register.
Enforces all park and recreation rules, policies, and procedures. Educates patrons and issues citations as needed.
Manages staff to ensure facility and parks maintenance standards for beach area, decks, walkways, boat dock, bathrooms, and adjacent park areas.
Responds to emergencies and initiates the emergency action management plan when necessary.
Responds to incidents as necessary.
Maintain and submits all necessary reports and forms in a timely manner.
Adheres to a schedule as agreed by the employee and Community Services Coordinator.
Works a varying schedule, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Adheres to all policies and procedures as outlined by the Parks and Recreation Department.
Performs other duties as assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience
(1) High maturity level and proven record of responsibility.
(2) Aquatic Invasive Species inspection and decontamination experience including preventative hot water washes, use of Aquatic Nuisance Species Application database, and Fish, Wildlife, and Parks AIS training.
(3) Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
(1) Knowledge of AIS inspection and flow of boat launch preferred.
(2) Ability to provide excellent customer service in challenging situations.
(3) Ability to work independently and without extensive supervision.
(4) Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors, and the general public.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Boat inspection and decontamination equipment. Assorted power and manual tools. Computer processing including point of sale, commercial permit membership, and AIS Database.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.